Powering the Economy of Ghana
The Volta River Authority has, since 1961, harnessed the resources of the Volta River to provide electrical energy for industrial, commercial and domestic use in Ghana, as well as transportation, fishing and recreation. - Read more
Update on Power Generation - Facts & Figures
Akosombo Lake Level
Monday, April 27, 2015
- VRA celebrates 54 years of powering Ghana and West Africa.
- VRA, TR Spain Sign T4 Thermal Power Agreement to generate 186 MW power.
- VRA News (January - March, 2015 Edition).
- VRA launches Knowledge Management Portal.
- Community Pages (March, 2015 Edition)
- VRA's strategic business units have the potential to succeed - Deputy Chief Executive (Services).
- Qatari delegation urged to invest in Ghana's energy sector.
- VRA awards scholarship to students in operational areas.
See all news
Conservation Tip for the Day
Consider a laptop next time you're looking to buy a computer – they use less energy than desktop computers
Visiting our Plants
Guidelines and procedures on visiting our hydro and thermal plants. Click here to get started >>