Powering the Economy of Ghana
The Volta River Authority has, since 1961, harnessed the resources of the Volta River to provide electrical energy for industrial, commercial and domestic use in Ghana, as well as transportation, fishing and recreation. - Read more
Update on Power Generation - Facts & Figures
Akosombo Lake Level
Thursday, November 27, 2014
[View year 2013 level]
- VRA organizes Health Walk.
- Procurement of Works Relating to the Design, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Testing and Commissioning of the Project REDP - SPP-2: 2 PV Plants in Upper West Region, Ghana.
- Invitation to Tender: Proposed Eye Clinic at Akosombo.
- VRA records an operating profit of GHS 208.11 Million in 2013 fiscal year.
- VRA sensitizes communities on agroforestry.
- Prime Minister of Guinea Bissau visits Akosombo Generating Station.
See all news
Some programmes slated for the week are as follows:
|November 27||Safety Awareness Day|
|November 24 - 28||
Self-service and Performance Management System Training for selected Staff
Conservation Tip for the Day
Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use -- TVs and DVDs in standby mode still use several watts of power.
Visiting our Plants
Guidelines and procedures on visiting our hydro and thermal plants. Click here to get started >>