Powering the Economy of Ghana
The Volta River Authority has, since 1961, harnessed the resources of the Volta River to provide electrical energy for industrial, commercial and domestic use in Ghana, as well as transportation, fishing and recreation. - Read more
Update on Power Generation - Facts & Figures
Akosombo Lake Level
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
[View year 2013 level]
- Request for Expression of Interest: Leasing of the Kpong Farms and Facilities and Operating it as an Agricultural Venture.
- Public Notice: Warning against sale/purchase of land in the Volta Gorge Protection Zone.
- Invitation for Tenders: Akuse Streetlight Rehabilitation Project.
- National Competitive Tendering: Tender for the Supply of Vehicle Batteries.
- Invitation to Tender: Construction of Cable Trench at the Akosombo Generation Station in the Eastern Region.
- King Mukuni explores Investment opportunities along the Volta Lake.
- VRA donates mango and cassia seedlings to Mpakada community.
- VRA Schools receive First Eco-Schools Award.
See all news
Some programmes slated for the week are as follows:
|September 1 - 5||
Hyperion End User Training
Conservation Tip for the Day
Use a clothesline instead of a dryer wherever possible. Only use a dryer with a full load and when clothes are wrung well first. Clothes should never be placed in the dryer dripping wet.
Visiting our Plants
Guidelines and procedures on visiting our hydro and thermal plants. Click here to get started >>