Powering the Economy of Ghana
The Volta River Authority has, since 1961, harnessed the resources of the Volta River to provide electrical energy for industrial, commercial and domestic use in Ghana, as well as transportation, fishing and recreation. - Read more
Update on Power Generation - Facts & Figures
Akosombo Lake Level
Friday, October 31, 2014
[View year 2013 level]
- Prime Minister of Guinea Bissau visits Akosombo Generating Station.
- VRA News (July - September, 2014 Edition) released.
- Tender for the Extension of Local Area Network and Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) and Maitenance of Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) System.
- Procurement and Implementation of Network Services.
- See restructuring as an opportunity for growth - Chief Executive.
- VRA sensitizes staff on Ebola Virus Disease.
See all news
Some programmes slated for the week are as follows:
|October 27 - 31, 2014||
Self-service and Performance Management System Training for selected Staff
Conservation Tip for the Day
Where possible, use fans rather than air conditioners (ACs). Fans can make you feel 3 to 8 degrees cooler, allowing you to dial your AC to a higher temperature and still feel just as cool.
Visiting our Plants
Guidelines and procedures on visiting our hydro and thermal plants. Click here to get started >>