Powering the Economy of Ghana
The Volta River Authority has, since 1961, harnessed the resources of the Volta River to provide electrical energy for industrial, commercial and domestic use in Ghana, as well as transportation, fishing and recreation. - Read more
Update on Power Generation - Facts & Figures
Akosombo Lake Level
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
[View year 2013 level]
- 2014 Annual Power Games slated for September 20.
- See Restructuring as an opportunity for growth - Chief Executive.
- VRA supports schools in Akosombo.
- VRA sensitizes staff on Ebola Virus Disease.
- Public Notice: Warning against sale/purchase of land in the Volta Gorge Protection Zone.
- VRA Schools receive first Eco-Schools Award.
See all news
Some programmes slated for the week are as follows:
|September 15 - 19||
Training in Report Writing for selected Staff
Conservation Tip for the Day
Make maximum use of sunlight during the day. Drapes or curtains on windows and doors are to be drawn apart during day time, for natural light to reduce need for electrical lights inside the home.
Visiting our Plants
Guidelines and procedures on visiting our hydro and thermal plants. Click here to get started >>