Powering the Economy of Ghana
The Volta River Authority has, since 1961, harnessed the resources of the Volta River to provide electrical energy for industrial, commercial and domestic use in Ghana, as well as transportation, fishing and recreation. - Read more
Update on Power Generation - Facts & Figures
Get up-to-the-minute information on generation from our hydro and thermal plants.
Akosombo Lake Level
Thursday, April 17, 2014
- Vacancy Announcement (Akosombo Hotels Limited):
1) Manager, Finance and Administration;
2) House Manager, Food, Beverage and Rooms.
- Rejoinder: Energy crisis to continue until 2016.
- International Competitive Tendering: Network Protection System Rehabilitation Project.
- VRA to explore alternative sources of power generation.
Some major programmes slated for the week are as follows:
|April 14 - 16||Oracle Based Self Service and Performance Management|
|April 14 - 17||
Operation and Maintenance Training for selected staff
Visiting our plants
Guidelines and procedures on visiting our hydro and thermal plants. Click here to get started >>